cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jessica Tomechak <Jessica.Tomec...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: How do ec2 commands map cloudstack API?
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 09:20:08 GMT
Sam,
I filed this as a sub-task bug in Jira.

http://bugs.cloudstack.org/browse/CS-15189

Jessica T.
CloudStack Tech Pubs

-----Original Message-----
From: Sam Robertson [mailto:Sam.Robertson@citrix.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 12:04 PM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: How do ec2 commands map cloudstack API?

Hi Jose,

Here's a little more information, if you can decipher the code.
CloudBridge fortunately has all the mappings from ec2 api to cloudstack api in a single source
file (there are obviously some tweaks to accommodate code reuse etc), but you can look at
that on github directly if you would like to understand what command turns into what cloudstack
calls.  As you can imagine, the systems are very different and some commands turn into multiple
cloudstack calls (run instances in particular is a good example of that).

https://github.com/CloudStack/CloudBridge/blob/master/src/com/cloud/bridge/
service/core/ec2/EC2Engine.java

Again, this isn't real useful unless you can read the code.

This begs a question though, would this be useful in documentation?
Meaning, a table showing the ec2 calls on the left side with their corresponding cloudstack
api calls on the right?

Look at the following table showing the supported commands currently in cloudbridge.  We should
the ec2 cli tool, then the corresponding ec2 soap call.

http://docs.cloud.com/CloudBridge_Documentation/Supported_Amazon_EC2_Comman
ds_in_CloudBridge

I could see adding a third column that shows what you found in the spreadsheet directly in
the documentation.

Sam