cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Walter, David" <David.Wal...@sabre.com>
Subject RE: bare metal provisioning status
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 12:32:48 GMT
Is bare metal support only in the citrix cloud platform release?

-----Original Message-----
From: Walter, David [mailto:David.Walter@sabre.com]
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2012 2:17 PM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org; cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: bare metal provisioning status

We have an applications that require bare metal provisioning and will likely need to support
both bare metal and virtualized systems for both windows and linux systems.

I see support code in the repository but not much conversation yet about bare metal.

I heard there was some beta level testing with bare metal provisioning. Is the status of bare
metal support publically available?

Our use cases include looking at various solutions for implementing a fully automated life
cycle provision, deploy, start, monitor, event based trigger to respond to load changes to
provision or decommission an application or server either for VM or bare metal.

Thanks

David