cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Kluge <Kevin.Kl...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Cloudstack Supporting Xenserver StorageLink storage pool
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 23:27:43 GMT
All of the EqualLogic deployments I'm aware of export iSCSI LUNs to CloudStack and add the
primary storage as type iSCSI in CloudStack.   There's a wide variety of storage used in production
with CloudStack, but EqualLogic is one of the more popular options.  I haven't heard of anyone
using StorageLink.

With XenServer people use local disk, iSCSI, NFS, and Fiber Channel (via PreSetup).   iSCSI
and NFS are the popular choices.

The challenge we have seen with XenServer and iSCSI is admin debugging in the case of issues.
 Many people don't know or understand the volume commands needed in this environment, so if
something goes wrong the debugging process can be tedious (as compared to NFS, where you can
manage VHD files with ls,cp,etc).

-kevin