cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Lennert den Teuling <lenn...@pcextreme.nl>
Subject Re: Ubuntu guest support status
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 10:37:57 GMT
Op 27-06-12 08:31, ronald higgins schreef:
> thanks all.
>
> still not having luck.
>
> if anyone has an Ubuntu 10.04 Server template that they're willing to share
> i would really appreciate it, being able to at least localize the issue
> will save my sanity.

Hi Ronald,

I read about this issue before, but never had any issues with obtaining
IPs in Debian or Ubuntu guests so didn't really looked in it.

As i understand you are not able to get it working with any Debian based OS.

We currently run 2.2.14 in production and have some demo 3.x installs
and all of our Debian based guests get their IP from the virtual router.

I don't know if it's any different but we do use basic networking on
these setups. As far i know, the same router VMs are used. We use KVM
for all these setups.

We did not modify anything to the VMs, it are just basic installs from
recent ISOs. You can download a password enabled template we use from:
http://31.25.98.32/dump/74ae6bd8-68c1-4667-af80-7b39ea901980cow2

Hope this helps!

Lennert