cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ahmad Saif <ahmad.abos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Network offering issue
Date Sun, 24 Jun 2012 12:40:42 GMT
On 06/20/2012 06:49 PM, Alena Prokharchyk wrote:
> On 6/20/12 4:15 AM, "Ahmad Saif"<ahmad.abosaif@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> I want to create a machine with 2 network cards, on network will be
>> nated and can be exposed directly to the intenet; and the other one will
>> be private only.
>>
>> By default on advanced networking, when you create a new network it will
>> use the network offer "Offering for Isolated networks with Source Nat
>> service enabled". I've created another network service named "private"
>> with dhcp and firewall only. to use it for the 2nd network interface on
>> my vms.
>>
>> the problem is I can't find my network offer when I create the instance,
>> also when I try to change the network offering after creating it form
>> the default to "Private" -the network I created- it give me the
>> following error :
>>
>> DEBUG [cloud.network.NetworkManagerImpl] (Job-Executor-89:job-85)
>> Network offerings 8 and 7 have different values for specifyVlan, can't
>> upgrade
>> INFO  [cloud.api.ApiDispatcher] (Job-Executor-89:job-85) Can't upgrade
> >from network offering 7 to 8; check logs for more information
>> my case is very simple i need network with public IPs, and another one
>> with private ips only (no nating, no public ips)
>>

> 1) specifyVlan on the network offering indicates if vlan has to be passed
> in at the network creation - this is the case for our Shared networks. For
> Isolated networks with the source nat service enabled we allocate Vlan at
> the network implementation stage, therefore vlan is not accepted at
> networkCreate, and specifyVlan=false for the network offerings like this.
>
> You can't perform the network offering upgrade if the new/original network
> offerings have different values for specifyVlan.
>
> 2) On deployVm dialog for network creation we present only Network
> offerings that are:
>
> * Isolated
> * Source Nat enabled
>

> Network of other types can be created only from Infrastructure page.
>

> -Alena.

Thanks Alane, I was able to create a shared network form the
infrastructure "Network-guest" tab,
I've created a shared network with IPs "192.168.0.0/24", now when I
create the VM with 2 nic one on the private network "shared-network" and
one on the "Isolated -source nated"
I've 2 default gateways

  * 192.168.0.254
  * 10.1.1.1

and I can't access internet through the sourc-nated interface !
any ideas ?
I need one interface to act as private "for database traffic" and the
other one is public "for web traffic "

can you please help ?

thanks