cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: What is the best hypervisor for CloudStack
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 21:10:32 GMT
Whilst I build systems on all the supported Hypervisors, I prefer XenServer, and with my PXE
config, I can deploy multiple new XenServers in a matter of minutes

The upcoming incremental snapshots feature, only on XenServer, also makes a good use case
for Xen.

Geoff

On 12 Jun 2012, at 19:04, "Sheng Yang" <sheng@yasker.org> wrote:

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 3:01 PM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 10:16 PM, Jewel Nuruddin
> <jewel.nuruddin@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Thanks for the comments but I want to know exactly which hypervisor is working more
fine with CloudStack, there must be one which is recommended by cloudstack.
>> Thanks
>> Jewel
>>

> It really depends on what your goal is for your cloud. Many folks have
> 2 or more hypervisors in their cloud for that very reason.
>
> I personally find KVM to be the most flexible of all three, XenServer
> to be the most performant, and VMware to be least libre and most
> enterprise embraced.
>
> If I didn't have a specific demand to fill from a hypervisor
> perspective, I'd start with the hypervisor that you know the best -
> you can always add a different one later. :)

Personally I found KVM is very good for prototype development/generic
issue debug, the redeployment is very fast, which is good for
developer. But Xen and VMware are better at performance and stability.

--Sheng