cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Caleb Call <calebc...@me.com>
Subject Re: Using Direct Fiber attached storage
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 21:26:53 GMT
This still give you the HA/Live migration options within Cloudstack or are you using those
from within XenCenter?  Thanks for the confirmation that our thinking might just be sane.

Thanks

On Jun 26, 2012, at 1:45 PM, Clayton Weise wrote:

> We are doing multipath iSCSI but it was more or less the same process.  You would add
the storage repo to your XenServer(s) first, then tell CS to use a preSetup storage repo and
specify the name of the SR you created.  Although it may be possible, I would recommend against
putting spaces in the SR name, otherwise it should be fine.  It's how FC storage is recommended
to be mounted with CloudStack and XenServer.

or iscsi, but we have a very extensive fiber network. We've traditionally used this for our
storage in our current VM environment. We are re-architecting our environment using cloudstack
but would really like to continue to use the direct fiber attached storage. Is it possible?
We've thought about using some hacktastic ways to trick the system into thinking it's using
nfs, but really be over san...again hacktastic. I noticed the option to add Pre-Setup storage.
Would we be able to go add the storage to the Xenserver directly, then take and add that to
CS? Or is there another way to use direct fiber attached storage without going the local disk
route and thus loosing the HA/live-migration features?