cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: access to virtual router
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2012 09:58:47 GMT
Hi Ant,

The problem you are having is in relation to the Guest VLANs.  When you completed the new
Zone wizard you would have entered a VLAN range for the Guest Network.  Your switch also needs
to be configured for tagged VLANs covering the ranges you entered for the Guest and Public
Networks.

A Guest VLAN is assigned to each Account and is used to enable each Guest Instance to talk
to other Guest Instances within the Account, and also their Virtual Router, which is their
Default Gateway and provides acces to the Internet.

If the VLAN is not configured on the switch, the traffic cannot pass between Hosts.  Guest
Instances running in the same Host as the Virtual Router will be able to access the Internet,
but Ones running on other Hosts will not.

Geoff