cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Eric Reeves <e...@alertlogic.com>
Subject Advanced - Direct Tagged Mode in Cloudstack 3?
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 03:04:57 GMT
So the Cloudstack 2.2 documentation refers to an "Advanced - Direct Tagged" mode, in which
the VR doesn't perform any routing or NAT functions, but you can land your VMs on any VLAN
(relying on pre-configured external routers).

The Cloudstack 3 documentation doesn't seem to mention this, and when we tried to create an
Advanced Zone tonight on a trunked vSphere 5 host, it required a Public IP range, which I
don't even want to bother with.  I want a Basic Zone with the ability to land VMs on various
VLANs and specify the IP in my deploy API call.

Am I doing something horribly wrong or missing the documentation somewhere?

Thanks!

Eric Reeves