cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Eric Reeves <e...@alertlogic.com>
Subject Changing the IP Address of a Cloudstack VM
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 02:39:57 GMT
Is there a clean way to manually modify the IP address of an existing Cloudstack VM in basic
networking mode?  I'm not seeing anything in the API that looks like what I want exactly.
 I could mangle the DB manually and trigger a re-push to the virtual router, but that seems
a bit ugly…

I see references to the IP in the following tables:

nics
usage_event
user_ip_address
vm_instance

Here's my use case:  I am performing a conversion from a set of legacy block device backed
open source Xen VMs in to Cloudstack/vSphere for a Dev/QA lab.  My process is currently to
create a VM in CS with the same base OS, then run my magic rsync script that pushes everything
from the old VM to the new one (fixing things like fstab, mtab, network config, and grub.cfg
along the way).  Then I'll shut down the old VM, and I'd like to assign the old IP to the
new CS VM.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks much in advance.

Eric Reeves