cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jewel Nuruddin <jewel.nurud...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack 3.0.2 firewall.rule.ui.enabled global settings missing
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 01:20:00 GMT
Alena,
Thank you very much for the explanation.

--- On Tue, 6/5/12, Alena Prokharchyk <Alena.Prokharchyk@citrix.com> wrote:

From: Alena Prokharchyk <Alena.Prokharchyk@citrix.com>
Subject: Re: CloudStack 3.0.2 firewall.rule.ui.enabled global settings missing
To: "cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org" <cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org>
Date: Tuesday, June 5, 2012, 1:38 AM

On 6/4/12 2:52 AM, "Jewel Nuruddin" <jewel.nuruddin@yahoo.com> wrote:

>anybody have any idea about the following issue

This parameter is no longer in use in 3.0.x. Here is the explanation:

In 2.2.11+, all createPortForwardingRule and createLoadBalancer API calls
automatically called the createFirewallRule API.  You could always turn
that off by passing openfirewall=false in the create commands.
Subsequently, the UI had supported both ways of doing this as you know
already by using the firewall.rule.ui setting so people did not have to
deal with this split.  In 3.0.x, the API remains unchanged, but the UI no
longer supports this and the 3.0.x UI always makes calls with
openfirewall=false.

-Alena.