cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Clayton Weise <cwe...@iswest.net>
Subject Network Offerings, Physical Interfaces and Isolated/Shared Networks
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 20:08:46 GMT
Is there any documentation out there drawing up the relationships between these various things?
 I ask because the process of creating a new network offering seems a bit daunting without
understanding how all of those pieces connect.  The admin guide has some references to each
of the different things noted above but nothing to really show how they interact with each
other.

For example, when creating a new offering there is an option called "Specify VLAN" to which
the Admin Guide states: "Specify VLAN. (Isolated guest networks only) Indicate whether a VLAN
should be specified when this offering is".  That's great, but where exactly is that VLAN
ID specified and how does this relate to a physical or virtual interface?

I'm happy to write up this documentation, but I would just need a better base understanding
of these things so I could do some experimentation and do a write-up.