cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nitin Mehta <Nitin.Me...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: 8 Xen hosts limitations
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 17:38:23 GMT
Lucas - I think this is more of a recommended guideline from the hypervisor to have a descent
performance. From what I recall I think the performance of the cluster starts degrading exponentially
as you scale the number of vlans and the hosts in the cluster.

Thanks,
-Nitin

-----Original Message-----
From: Lucas Hughes [mailto:lucas.hughes@ecommerce.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 8:46 PM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org; cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: 8 Xen hosts limitations

Hello,

I see in the install docs that it says not to use more than 8 Xen hosts in one pool. I am
wondering why this is the case because as a test I added 10 hosts to a pool and Cloudstack
is managing them without any issues that I see. Any further clarification on this issue would
be greatly appreciated.

--
Lucas Hughes
Cloud Engineer