cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sam Robertson <Sam.Robert...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: How do ec2 commands map cloudstack API?
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 19:04:24 GMT
Hi Jose,

Here's a little more information, if you can decipher the code.
CloudBridge fortunately has all the mappings from ec2 api to cloudstack
api in a single source file (there are obviously some tweaks to
accommodate code reuse etc), but you can look at that on github directly
if you would like to understand what command turns into what cloudstack
calls.  As you can imagine, the systems are very different and some
commands turn into multiple cloudstack calls (run instances in particular
is a good example of that).

https://github.com/CloudStack/CloudBridge/blob/master/src/com/cloud/bridge/
service/core/ec2/EC2Engine.java

Again, this isn't real useful unless you can read the code.

This begs a question though, would this be useful in documentation?
Meaning, a table showing the ec2 calls on the left side with their
corresponding cloudstack api calls on the right?

Look at the following table showing the supported commands currently in
cloudbridge.  We should the ec2 cli tool, then the corresponding ec2 soap
call.

http://docs.cloud.com/CloudBridge_Documentation/Supported_Amazon_EC2_Comman
ds_in_CloudBridge

I could see adding a third column that shows what you found in the
spreadsheet directly in the documentation.

Sam