cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Alena Prokharchyk <Alena.Prokharc...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Anyone try upgrading from 2.2.14 to 3.0.2?
Date Wed, 23 May 2012 21:11:33 GMT
On 5/23/12 1:40 PM, "Jason Davis" <scr512@gmail.com> wrote:

>Here you go. Not sure if attachments will work. If that is true then I
>have it available here as well:
>https://www.box.com/s/3ad5f1cae4230eb02580

The attachments work. I confirmed that the problem is related to the stale
references to the removed storage pool.

Here are storage pools that were removed in Jan, 2012:

mysql> select id, name, removed from storage_pool where removed is not
null;
+-----+---------+---------------------+
| id  | name    | removed             |
+-----+---------+---------------------+
| 201 | XCP NFS | 2012-01-20 19:59:06 |
| 204 | Isilon  | 2012-01-30 14:02:00 |
+-----+---------+---------------------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

And here are the stale records referencing the removed pools:

mysql> select id, host_id, pool_id from storage_pool_host_ref where
pool_id in (select id from storage_pool where removed is not null);
+----+---------+---------+
| id | host_id | pool_id |
+----+---------+---------+
|  4 |       1 |     204 |
|  5 |       2 |     204 |
+----+---------+---------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

During listHosts commands the code gets all the "storage_pool_host_ref"
records for the host_id, and based on pool_ids from the records tries to
get storage pool info. For hosts id=1, id=2 if finds Storage pool with
id=204, and this pool is removed.

To fix the problem on the current setup, execute:

delete from storage_pool_host_ref where pool_id in (select id from
storage_pool where removed is not null);

This cleanup will be taken care of as a part of DB upgrade to the Burbank
release, I'll file a ticket for that.

-Alena.