cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Xia Weiran <weiran.x...@gmail.com>
Subject About cloudstack error messages
Date Mon, 28 May 2012 05:23:03 GMT
Hi, all

I've got a question about the error message improvement.

currently cloudstack provides limited error message when an operation
fails. for instance, say im trying to add a host to a cluster, but it fails
with an error message "
 Unable to add the host“, this is not meaningful and quite user-friendly,
the reason might be cannot route to host, or host can not route to storage,
or invalid password. But users have no idea what's going wrong and what
they should troubleshoot unless they know how to check the logs.

I want to know if there is any plan for cloudstack to improve this, and if
yes how does it look like, i.e, error code with detail messages, or as a
part of event desription?

Thanks

Weiran