cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jose Rozanec <jroza...@tendrilinc.com>
Subject Re: Json related exception when invoking ec2 command
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 15:21:57 GMT
Hello,

Temporarily we overcome the error handling the response before delivered to
cloudbridge server and fixing the values. When that was done, we got the
following:

Server.InternalError: Property deployvirtualmachineresponse.virtualmachine
is resolved to null JSON element on object:
{"deployvirtualmachineresponse":{"errorcode":431,"errortext":"Unable to
execute API command deployvirtualmachine due to invalid value. Object
disk_offering(uuid: 2224444f-6a56-448e-b) does not exist."}}

Looking at the cloudbridge
/usr/share/cloud/bridge/conf/ec2-service.properties file, we saw all
properties were correctly set. Looking at cloudbridge database, at the
offering_bundle table, we saw the uuid string causing the problem.
At first we thought there was a user error when inserting the value, since
those values were inserted manually. (I'm not sure what the expected
behaviour is: the cloud-setup-bridge creates a properties file and sets up
amazon-cloudstack mappings, but values are being retrieved from the
cloudbridge database and not being inserted into it.
Did we miss something here?)

We tried to update the value with the correct string, but we got the
following warning:
  Level: Warning
   Code: 1265
Message: Data truncated for column 'CloudStackOffering' at row 1
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

As a temporary solution we tried recreating the table with same parameters
did not work. Recreating the offering_bundle table changing the varchar(20)
to varchar(100) at CloudStackOffering column solved the issue: the uuid was
no longer truncated:
CREATE TABLE `offering_bundle` (`ID` int(11) NOT NULL
AUTO_INCREMENT,`AmazonEC2Offering` varchar(100) NOT
NULL,`CloudStackOffering` varchar(100) NOT NULL,PRIMARY KEY (`ID`),UNIQUE
KEY `one_offering` (`AmazonEC2Offering`)) ENGINE=InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT=2
DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;
Did anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks,

Jose.