cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jose Rozanec <jroza...@tendrilinc.com>
Subject Getting error when creating instance via cloudbridge
Date Mon, 28 May 2012 22:10:36 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to create an instance using ec2-run-instance command using
cloudbridge (./ec2-run-instances 2 -z zone1 -n 1 -t m1.small). Our
installation is CS 3.0.1.
When firing the command, we get the following message:
"Server.InternalError: Unable to find an appropriate network for account
admin"
Looking at the cloudbridge logs we get some details:
http://pastebin.com/V9NgcjZT
Looking at the sources, we see we are failing when invoking
the getNetworksWithoutSecurityGroupEnabled(String zoneId) method at
EC2Engine.java It seems not to find an appropiate network offering for our
account.
I checked the DB and I see there is no account associated to the only
network we currently have.
Checking the docs and cloudstack API, the closest thing I found is the
associateIpAddress<http://download.cloud.com/releases/3.0.0/api_3.0.0/root_admin/associateIpAddress.html>command,
but I'm not sure how this would work. Should we pre-allocate ips
for an account, so that can be taken when the command is invoked?

Our setup is an advanced configuration using VLANs. The network uses a
defaultSharedNetworkOffering. We are able to create VMs normally via the UI.

Any ideas on this? Is there a way to associate the network with an account?

Thanks,

Jose.

use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses.
The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.