cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Kevin <spam4...@gmail.com>
Subject How to Bundle Apps?
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 12:51:57 GMT
My users aren't very interested in deploying generic vm templates and would rather have various
prebuilt vm options (mysql database, tomcat webserver, OpenGeo, OMAR, RBAC, ...) templates
to choose from similar to AWS.

Is there a plan for cloudstack to integrate a puppet or chef like feature so I don't have
to prebuild tons of double digit gigabyte vm templates into the secondary storage?

It seems like a waste of space repeating the operating system like that. Would much rather
store the OS as a generic base template once and then have post install recipes that will
go through the vm after deployment and install the latest rpm's of the users choosing.

Kevin F.

Sent from my phone