cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jessica Tomechak <Jessica.Tomec...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: How do ec2 commands map cloudstack API?
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 03:59:43 GMT
Jose,
At the URL in your note, there is a link to an Excel spreadsheet. If you look at the "API
List" tab of the spreadsheet, it shows which parameters are supported and which are not. Unsupported
parameters are in red. On the specific command you're asking about, ec2-run-instances, it
looks to me as if --subnet is in the red category.

We are in the process of updating our published AWS API compatibility documentation. The existing
version is at http://docs.cloudstack.org/CloudBridge_Documentation .

I hope this information is helpful.

Jessica T.
CloudStack Tech Pubs

-----Original Message-----
From: Jose Rozanec [mailto:jrozanec@tendrilinc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 8:32 PM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: How do ec2 commands map cloudstack API?

Hello,

Is there a document explaining how do ec2 commands map cloudstack api parameters? I found
this page<http://wiki.cloudstack.org/display/QA/EC2+API+support+-+Test+Execution>with
some data.
Specifically, is there a way to run the ec2-run-instances command specifying a network (to
be translated to something like the
iptonetworklist[0].networkid=207 parameter on cloudstack API?) How is the --subnet parameter
handled?

Thanks,

Jose.

use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses.
The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.