cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jessica Tomechak <Jessica.Tomec...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Error when switching network offerings
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 03:40:56 GMT
We will track this fix in the existing bug http://bugs.cloudstack.org/browse/CS-12546 .

Jessica T.
CloudStack Tech Pubs

-----Original Message-----
From: Alena Prokharchyk [mailto:Alena.Prokharchyk@citrix.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:14 PM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Error when switching network offerings

The doc is incorrect. I'll make sure its fixed for the next release.

-Alena.

From: James Kahn <jkahn@idea11.com.au<mailto:jkahn@idea11.com.au>>
To: "'cloudstack-users@incubator. org'" <cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org<mailto:cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org>>

Wow, that is precisely correct Alena. Thank you! I will test later today and confirm if that
fixes it.

I was misled by the the Admin Guide: "Conserve mode. Indicate whether to use conserve mode.
In this mode, network resources are allocated only when the first virtual machine starts in
the network."

>From that description, I assumed conserve mode meant that it would not boot the router
and allocate an IP until the first VM is provisioned rather than that it would not allow an
IP to hold multiple roles. We definitely want to use conserve mode, so I will change our network
offering.