cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Will Chan <will.c...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Anyway to disable the firewall functionality provided by the virtual router in 3.0.x?
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 20:30:01 GMT
Since 3.0.x, that feature was turned off from the default UI and expect everyone to use the
firewall feature.  The API still honors the old functionality so you can always custom change
the UI to reflect the same behavior in 2.2.x.

Will

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Davis [mailto:scr512@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2012 12:28 PM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Anyway to disable the firewall functionality provided by the virtual router in 3.0.x?

So, in 2.2.x with advanced networking you could disable the firewall by setting the global
setting  firewall.rule.ui.enabled to false. I am trying to replicate this functionality in
my upgraded development instance
(2.2.14->3.0.2) but this global setting no longer exists in the UI.

I've also tried to create a new isolated networking offering with the firewall functionality
disabled. However, anytime I try this the firewall setting ends up being enabled anyway.

Thanks!
Jason