cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Kluge <Kevin.Kl...@citrix.com>
Subject CloudStack in China
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 09:27:51 GMT
Alex Huang and I are in Beijing for a CloudStack dev camp and a couple of presentations at
the China Cloud Computing Conference.   The dev camp was Tuesday at a local hotel.  We had
75 registrations and 73 actual attendees, including several people that flew in from various
parts of China.   Alex did the CloudStack presentation and by all accounts it went well.
He was mobbed by people with questions after each session.  You can see pictures at [1].
Thanks to TCloud for sponsoring the event.

We went to the China Cloud Computing Conference on Wednesday, where there were a few thousand
attendees.  There is a track devoted to "OpenStack, CloudStack, and Hadoop".   I spoke with
an introduction to Apache CloudStack and later was on a panel.   For my talk the room filled
up past standing room only (~500 people).   Alex is giving a more technical presentation on
CloudStack on Friday.  Pictures at [1].  Thanks to CSDN for inviting us.

I've been positively surprised by how many developers we continue to get interested in CloudStack.
  After we had 87 people at the first dev camp I thought that might be because it was in Silicon
Valley, but we pulled almost that same number in Beijing, at a Mandarin-only event with only
two or three weeks of notice.   We'll have to keep doing these, with many of us chipping in
to do a bit of travel to help others ramp up on CloudStack.   I know we'll be doing an event
for Bangalore or Hyderabad.  I expect we'll be doing more in the U.S., Japan, and the U.K.
or Germany as well.

-kevin

[1] http://wiki.cloudstack.org/display/COMM/BeijingMay2012