cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Alena Prokharchyk <Alena.Prokharc...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Adding a public range for an account
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 17:22:18 GMT
Dan,

When public ip address range is created per account, all ip addresses from this range immediately
get allocated to the account . You can't release single ip from account specific range with
disassociateIpAddress command. The only one way to release account specific ips - delete the
entire range (using deleteVlanIpRange api).

I'll make sure we create document for this feature, and I'll pass it to you/community once
it's done.

-Alena.

-----Original Message-----
From: dan@soleks.com [mailto:dan@soleks.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 10:52 AM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Adding a public range for an account

Clayton, it's borei, can you please post mine

Hi All,
I created new public network via infrastructure->zone->physical network->public->IP
range menu and assigned it to account in non-root domain. Private network was also created
for that account. When i use that account and trying to request IP, IP was chosen from default
public network, not from created above. Dashboard also shows that all IPs in that new network
occupied. I looked into database and found that all IPs are in the "Allocated" state and there
is no UUID for them. Can somebody gimme explanation how should it work and what is correct
behaviour.