cloudstack-users-cn mailing list archives

From Gavin Lee <gavin....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 怎么增加kvm 硬盘的大小
Date Mon, 20 May 2013 09:44:17 GMT
经常这样操作, 你可以先在新建一个Volume, 然后Attach到已运行的VM上. 再通过lvextend的相关命令扩充即可.
不需要关机就可操作.

不知你OS是什么发行版, 在Redhat/CentOS下, 假设之前有一个20G的盘, 要再扩充40G的空间,
可以新添加了一个卷(/dev/sdb), 具体命令及步骤:

1.            Add new physical disk. Boot.

2.            # pvscan

This will show you the current physical volumes.

3.            # fdisk /dev/sdb

Add the disk to your machine as a primary partition. Partition type: “8e
(LVM)”. Obviously /dev/sdb may be different on your system.

4.            # pvcreate /dev/sdb1

This creates a new physical LVM volume on our new disk.

5.            # vgextend VolGroup00 /dev/sdb1

Add our new physical volume to the volume group: VolGroup00. Again, this
group name may by different for you, but this is what Redhat & CentOS
assigns by default when you install your system.

6.            # pvscan

You should see the new physical volume assigned to VolGroup00.

7.            # lvextend -L+40G /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00

This increases the size of the logical volume our root partition resides
in. Change the -L flag as appropriate.

We’ve just added 40GB to the logical volume used by the root partition.
Sweet as. Now we need to resize the file system to utilize the additional
space.

8.            Reboot into rescue mode using your CentOS CDROM.

>From memory this involves typing linux rescue as your boot option.

9.            When prompted, skip the mounting of system partitions.

10.        # lvm vgchange -a y

This command makes your LVM volumes accessible.

11.        # e2fsck -f /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00

Run a file system check, the -f flag seems necessary. No idea what we do if
the returns an error?

12.        # resize2fs /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00

Without any parameters resize2fs will just increase the file system to the
max space available.

需要注意的是, 这个附加的盘不要再从这个VM上Dettach

--
Gavin