From "Sally Khudairi" ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help with CloudStack 4.14 press release
Date Mon, 18 May 2020 13:56:00 GMT
Thank you, Sven.

I'm on standby. Please let me know when you're ready.

Also: has anyone arranged for the Feathercast interview?

Best,
Sally

- - -
Vice President Marketing & Publicity
Vice President Sponsor Relations
The Apache Software Foundation

Tel +1 617 921 8656 | sk@apache.org

"Rich Bowen" <rbowen@apache.org>, "Apache CloudStack Marketing" <marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>
> *Date: *05/18/2020 03:33
>

>> Hello Sven and PMC --I've made some minor edits to the press release, and are ready
to announce pending Sven's signoff of the tweaks to his quote.

>> Please forward any final additions or corrections by 6PM ET (UTC -4) on Monday so
we can announce on Tuesday morning.

>> Do let me know if we need more time. Has anyone been in touch with Rich regarding
Feathercast?

>> Many thanks,
>> Sally
>>
>> - - -
>> Vice President Marketing & Publicity
>> Vice President Sponsor Relations
>> The Apache Software Foundation
>>
>> Tel +1 617 921 8656 | sk@apache.org
>>

>> On Tue, May 12, 2020, at 13:49, Sally Khudairi wrote:
>>> Hello again, everyone --
>>>
>>> We have a great opportunity to highlight the new release on Feathercast --the
voice of the ASF https://feathercast.apache.org/ . I've copied Rich Bowen, co-Founder of Feathercast,
so whomever is interested/able to do the interview to please contact Rich directly regarding
next steps.

>>> If we're able to smooth out the copy by the end of the week, we can issue the
press release on Monday. Do let me know your thoughts.

>>> Best,
>>> Sally
>>>
>>> - - -
>>> Vice President Marketing & Publicity
>>> Vice President Sponsor Relations
>>> The Apache Software Foundation
>>>
>>> Tel +1 617 921 8656 | sk@apache.org

hypervisor only but I don’t see why we should be listing these in a press release. From
a cloudstack perspective, we do have plenty of other features that only work with specific
hypervisors, but we’ve never explicitly listed these shortcomings in press releases (obviously
the documentation will have to list, but dotn see why we’ve donw it at “headline” level)

so we are going to be ready in a few days from today, at the best.

well.

and adjust/edit for accuracy, I'd appreciate it.

my assistance.

morning. Alternate announcement days are Monday and Wednesday, with the copy needing to be
locked in by 6PM ET the night before. Please let me know your preference.

Enable Direct Download for systemVM templates [KVM]

sk@apache.org

(new LTS) at the end of this week and I would kindly like to ask for a help with the Press
Release.

- the links/URLs below do NOT exist yet but will be in effect once we actually release the
4.14

CloudStack**®** v4.14*

enhancements and fixes since 4.13. Highlights include:

storages [KVM]

release notes at http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/4.14.0.0/releasenotes/index.html

services,

Quadrant leaders.