From "Sally Khudairi" ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Review] CloudMonkey v6.0.0 release announcement review request
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2019 16:29:32 GMT
OK, so we have a few adjustments to the quotes. Two from vendors, and two from the Apache CloudStack
community.

I've added a teeny tweak to the sub-head ("faster/easier").

We'd like the blog post to be referenceable from apache.org, if at all possible.

Once that's in place, we can announce. As early as Wednesday <g>

Kind thanks,
Sally

- - -
Vice President Marketing & Publicity
Vice President Sponsor Relations
The Apache Software Foundation

Tel +1 617 921 8656 | sk@apache.org

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019, at 11:28, Sally Khudairi wrote:
> ...two minutes later ...
>
> "Apache CloudStack is a significant part of our Cloud portfolio right now – we run
large deployments all over the world, often supporting critical customer applications. CloudMonkey
is an invaluable tool for interacting with CloudStack-based clouds, and it's the go-to tool
that we recommend to our customers when they want to use command-line interaction with our
CloudStack platforms." --Robert van der Meulen, Product Strategy Lead, Leaseweb Global B.V.

> :-D
>
> I've got a draft at https://docs.google.com/document/d/14ER9WcNpHjsZBjHV0dL0J6InTDPfhFZmhHFnpr1XyV8/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Is Andrija a member of the PMC? We can work around this, possibly.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> - - -
> Vice President Marketing & Publicity
> Vice President Sponsor Relations
> The Apache Software Foundation
>
> Tel +1 617 921 8656 | sk@apache.org
>

> On Tue, Mar 19, 2019, at 11:17, Sally Khudairi wrote:
>> Thank you, but we also need some diversity here, please.
>>
>> The ASF is vendor-neutral and does not include multiple quotes from a single vendor.
Right now we only have testimonials from folks employed by ShapeBlue.

>> How is it that we cannot find a single other user to participate?
>>
>> @Rohit, I'd like us to consider holding off on announcing this until Monday. Let's
give folks a chance to respond to the request.

>> Is there a reason to rush this out for tomorrow? It's not CloudStack itself, and
it's been a few years since the last major release, so there *should* be a bit of wiggle room
here.

>> Your thoughts on this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sally
>>
>> - - -
>> Vice President Marketing & Publicity
>> Vice President Sponsor Relations
>> The Apache Software Foundation
>>
>> Tel +1 617 921 8656 | sk@apache.org
>>

>> On Tue, Mar 19, 2019, at 11:14, Rohit Yadav wrote:
>>> Thanks Andrija. (add Sally on the thread)
>>>
>>> Kindly include Andrija's quote as well, for reference see the quote below. Thanks.

>>> Regards,
>>> Rohit Yadav
>>>

>>> rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
>>>  www.shapeblue.com
>>> @shapeblue

many years of managing a production CloudStack deployments, I consider CloudMonkey a core
tool in anyone's CloudStack toolkit, and now also being available for Windows makes me really
happy. I can certainly see a major speed improvements, but also having backward compatibility
is what is so great with this new release."

>>> andrija.panic@shapeblue.com
>>> www.shapeblue.com
>>> Amadeus House, Floral Street, London WC2E 9DPUK
>>> @shapeblue

their availability due to time zones, but I'll keep you posted.