From "Sally Khudairi" ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Review] CloudMonkey v6.0.0 release announcement review request
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2019 10:12:17 GMT
Hello everyone --as promised, we are live:

 - GlobeNewswire http://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/03/20/1757591/0/en/The-Apache-Software-Foundation-Announces-Apache-CloudMonkey-v6-0.html
 - ASF "Foundation" Blog https://s.apache.org/aznB
 - @TheASF on Twitter https://twitter.com/TheASF/status/1108307949745778689
 - The ASF on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation

...plus to announce@a.o and our dedicated media/analyst list. This will appear on the apache.org
homepage and archives within the hour.

Thank you all for your help, and congratulations on this milestone!

Warmly,
Sally

- - -
Vice President Marketing & Publicity
Vice President Sponsor Relations
The Apache Software Foundation

Tel +1 617 921 8656 | sk@apache.org

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019, at 17:56, Rohit Yadav wrote:
> Hi Sally,
>
> Given we've what we needed, I'm okay for the announcement tomorrow. Thanks.
>
> Regards.
>
> Regards,
> Rohit Yadav

> rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
>  www.shapeblue.com
> @shapeblue

be OK if written, but as these are considered spoken quotes, it might read oddly as "oh-point-five-ess",
if you know what I mean <g>

> This is excellent. We have a well-written announcement, with enough community support
to send the right message that reinforces that Apache CloudStack stable, reliable, dependable,
and here to stay.

> So back to you, Rohit: shall we announce tomorrow? If so, I'll lock in the copy in a
few hours.

> Warm thanks, everyone, for your help here. It really makes a difference!
>
> - - -
> Vice President Marketing & Publicity
> Vice President Sponsor Relations
> The Apache Software Foundation
>
> Tel +1 617 921 8656 | sk@apache.org
>

> On Tue, Mar 19, 2019, at 13:36, Rohit Yadav wrote:
>> Great, thanks PL!

>> Sally, I've added Pierre-Luc's quote on the draft and also fixed a blog URL. I think
we've good set of quotes now. Kindly review, thanks.

>> Regards,

>> Rohit Yadav

>> Software Architect, ShapeBlue

>> https://www.shapeblue.com
>>

>> rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
>>  www.shapeblue.com
>> @shapeblue

and with version 6.0 loading speed has been drastically improved (accessing the CLI in under
0.5s). This simplifies installation, deployments, updates, and operational efficiency."

>> Python version used to take 15s to load on my side !
>>
>> PL
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 12:29 PM Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org> wrote:
>>> __
>>> OK, so we have a few adjustments to the quotes. Two from vendors, and two from
the Apache CloudStack community.

>>> I've added a teeny tweak to the sub-head ("faster/easier").
>>>
>>> We'd like the blog post to be referenceable from  apache.org, if at all possible.
>>>
>>> Once that's in place, we can announce. As early as Wednesday <g>
>>>
>>> Kind thanks,
>>> Sally
>>>
>>> - - -
>>> Vice President Marketing & Publicity
>>> Vice President Sponsor Relations
>>> The Apache Software Foundation
>>>
>>> Tel +1 617 921 8656 | sk@apache.org

– we run large deployments all over the world, often supporting critical customer applications.
CloudMonkey is an invaluable tool for interacting with CloudStack-based clouds, and it's the
go-to tool that we recommend to our customers when they want to use command-line interaction
with our CloudStack platforms." --Robert van der Meulen, Product Strategy Lead, Leaseweb Global
B.V.

single vendor. Right now we only have testimonials from folks employed by ShapeBlue.

Monday. Let's give folks a chance to respond to the request.

itself, and it's been a few years since the last major release, so there *should* be a bit
of wiggle room here.

said: "After many years of managing a production CloudStack deployments, I consider CloudMonkey
a core tool in anyone's CloudStack toolkit, and now also being available for Windows makes
me really happy. I can certainly see a major speed improvements, but also having backward
compatibility is what is so great with this new release."

Marketing <marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>

Not sure of their availability due to time zones, but I'll keep you posted.

v6.0

Windows

Open

ODPi,