From "Sally Khudairi" ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Review] CloudMonkey v6.0.0 release announcement review request
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2019 15:28:50 GMT
...two minutes later ...

"Apache CloudStack is a significant part of our Cloud portfolio right now – we run large
deployments all over the world, often supporting critical customer applications. CloudMonkey
is an invaluable tool for interacting with CloudStack-based clouds, and it's the go-to tool
that we recommend to our customers when they want to use command-line interaction with our
CloudStack platforms." --Robert van der Meulen, Product Strategy Lead, Leaseweb Global B.V.

:-D

I've got a draft at https://docs.google.com/document/d/14ER9WcNpHjsZBjHV0dL0J6InTDPfhFZmhHFnpr1XyV8/edit?usp=sharing

Is Andrija a member of the PMC? We can work around this, possibly.

Many thanks.

- - -
Vice President Marketing & Publicity
Vice President Sponsor Relations
The Apache Software Foundation

Tel +1 617 921 8656 | sk@apache.org

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019, at 11:17, Sally Khudairi wrote:
> Thank you, but we also need some diversity here, please.
>
> The ASF is vendor-neutral and does not include multiple quotes from a single vendor.
Right now we only have testimonials from folks employed by ShapeBlue.

> How is it that we cannot find a single other user to participate?
>
> @Rohit, I'd like us to consider holding off on announcing this until Monday. Let's give
folks a chance to respond to the request.

> Is there a reason to rush this out for tomorrow? It's not CloudStack itself, and it's
been a few years since the last major release, so there *should* be a bit of wiggle room here.

> Your thoughts on this?
>
> Thanks,
> Sally
>
> - - -
> Vice President Marketing & Publicity
> Vice President Sponsor Relations
> The Apache Software Foundation
>
> Tel +1 617 921 8656 | sk@apache.org
>

> On Tue, Mar 19, 2019, at 11:14, Rohit Yadav wrote:
>> Thanks Andrija. (add Sally on the thread)
>>
>> Kindly include Andrija's quote as well, for reference see the quote below. Thanks.

>> Regards,
>> Rohit Yadav
>>

>> rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
>>  www.shapeblue.com
>> @shapeblue

years of managing a production CloudStack deployments, I consider CloudMonkey a core tool
in anyone's CloudStack toolkit, and now also being available for Windows makes me really happy.
I can certainly see a major speed improvements, but also having backward compatibility is
what is so great with this new release."

>> andrija.panic@shapeblue.com
>> www.shapeblue.com
>> Amadeus House, Floral Street, London WC2E 9DPUK
>> @shapeblue

availability due to time zones, but I'll keep you posted.