From Rafael Weingärtner <rafaelweingart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CS Collab Conf Brazil page is down
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2017 21:13:48 GMT
Hi Rajesh,

I would be happy to help you guys with I can. However, I think that I would
not be the best person to lead this because I am not living in Brazil for
now. In any case, I have checked how one can use one of the auditoriums of
the university I studied there ([1]). For events that do not have a
commercial appeal (that is how I see an Apache project event), it does not
seem to have any fees; our focus should be knowledge dissemination and
community building. Of course, there are the costs with coffee breaks,
cleaning and venue organization.

We would need to contact and discuss further with courses coordinators
(computer science, information system, automation engineering and others),
so we can schedule a period when students can participate. I know some of
the course coordinators, so I could contact them and ask for their support.
This would require from us a clear and concise goal that we intend to reach
with the event (cloud computing knowledge dissemination, how to take the
most of a cloud, how to take advantage of ACS features, ACS marketplace,
prospects for ACS engineers, how to build around ACS, research
opportunities in cloud computing through ACS and so forth). Topics
mentioned are a mere suggestion having in mind the idea of community
building and the audience as undergrad/grad students from the technological
area (computer science, information systems, and engineers majors).

I see two periods when it is a good moment to do such an event there;
around August-September (for this year, it might be too close), or
March-April. These periods correspond to the beginning of the semesters
there, so we have the benefit that students will not be working like crazy.

The place is not any of those that people usually know in Brazil, but I can
say that the city is awesome. I am from that city so I am suspect to speak
about it ;)

Also, keep in mind that the place I suggested was only an example of what
we could look for; Brazil is huge and we have a lot of options. We could
also look for other type of venues such as hotels. However, I do think it
would be interesting to host this type of event in a university to attract
new and fresh blood to our community.

[1] http://structure.ufsc.br/

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 10:30 AM, Rajesh Ramchandani <
rajesh.ramchandani@accelerite.com> wrote:

> Hi Rafael - Lets setup a time to talk this week. We'll need someone to
> take the lead locally.
>

> Thanks
>
> Raj
>

> *Accelerite CloudPlatform - Powers Clouds for Telcos and CSPs*
>

> ------------------------------

CCC
>> because that
>>         >>>> is how our marketing channels are currently setup and we
can
>> give you the
>>         >>>> best exposure that way.
>>         >>>>
>>         >>>> There will be some contention with dates, but I think that
>> is likely OK.
>>         >>> I
>>         >>>> think you will be pulling a pretty large local crowd and
the
>> ApacheCon
>>         >>>> Miami event will likely pull more of the North American
>> crowd with a few
>>         >>>> from Europe.
>>         >>>>
>>         >>>> Once you have your new website up, send us the IP address
>> and we will get
>>         >>>> br.cloudstackcollab.org pointed at it.  I will update the
>>         >>>> cloudstackcollab.org website to reflect your new dates and
>> the website
>>         >>> once
>>         >>>> it is available.
>>         >>>>
>>         >>>> Let us know how else we can support your event.
>>         >>>>
>>         >>>> Cheers,
>>         >>>>
>>         >>>> Will
>>         >>>>
>>         >>>> *Will STEVENS*
>>         >>>> Lead Developer
>>         >>>>
>>         >>>> <https://goo.gl/NYZ8KK>
>>         >>>>
>>         >>>> On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 6:59 AM, Marco Sinhoreli <
>>         >>>> marco.sinhoreli@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>>         >>>>
>>         >>>>> All,
>>         >>>>>
>>         >>>>> We have tried to get another cloudstack event going
but had
>> the problem
>>         >>>>> previously with the venue pulling out.
>>         >>>>>
>>         >>>>> Our initial intention was to do another cloudstack day,
>> like our really
>>         >>>>> successful one in 2014. The idea then came to turn it
into
>> a more
>>         >>>>> international event (aka CCC).
>>         >>>>>
>>         >>>>> The problem is that the planning cycles in Brasil  are
>> shorter than for
>>         >>>>> international events.
>>         >>>>>
>>         >>>>> We had over 300 people from our local community at the
last
>> one and
>>         >>>>> hopefully will get similar here.
>>         >>>>>
>>         >>>>> We have now had the offer of this venue for these dates.
We
>> would still
>>         >>>>> like to have this event, and everybody in the community
is
>> welcome,
>>         >>> but it
>>         >>>>> may be difficult to  "think" of it as a CCC (i.e. we
still
>> carry  on
>>         >>> with
>>         >>>>> it, but acknowledge that  it may clash with other events
>> and it may be
>>         >>>>> difficult for international people to attend)
>>         >>>>>
>>         >>>>>
>>         >>>>> Best regards,
>>         >>>>>
>>         >>>>>
>>         >>>>> Marco Sinhoreli
>>         >>>>> Managing Consultant
>>         >>>>> marco.sinhoreli@shapeblue.com
>>         >>>>> mobile: +55 21 98276 3636 <(21)%2098276-3636>
>>         >>>>>
>>         >>>>> Praia de Botafogo 501, bloco 1 - sala 101 – Botafogo
>>         >>>>> Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brazil - CEP 22250-040
>>         >>>>> office: + 55 21 2586 6390 <(21)%202586-6390> |
fax: +55 21
>> 2586 6002 <(21)%202586-6002>
>>         >>>>> http://www.shapeblue.com/ | twitter: @shapeblue
>>         >>>>>
>>         >>>>>
>>         >>>>>
>>         >>>>>
>>         >>>>>
>>         >>>>>
>>         >>>>>
>>         >>>>>
>>         >>>>> Em [DATE], "[NAME]" <[ADDRESS]> escreveu:
>>         >>>>>
>>         >>>>>> I agree with Will. There may not be much time to
prepare
>> for if the
>>         >>> event
>>         >>>>> is planned for March. I look forward to more details
on the
>> event soon.
>>         >>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>
>>         >>>>>> Raj
>>         >>>>>>
>>         >>>>>> ________________________________
>>         >>>>>> From: williamstevens@gmail.com <williamstevens@gmail.com>
>> on behalf of
>>         >>>>> Will Stevens <wstevens@cloudops.com>
>>         >>>>>> Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 8:02:48 AM
>>         >>>>>> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>>         >>>>>> Subject: Re: CS Collab Conf Brazil page is down
>>         >>>>>>
>>         >>>>>> Thank for following up Marco,
>>         >>>>>> I am a bit worried about the timing since I think
we are
>> looking to
>>         >>> try to
>>         >>>>>> make a presence at ApacheCon in Miami on May 16-18.
 It
>> may be hard to
>>         >>>>> fill
>>         >>>>>> both events...
>>         >>>>>>
>>         >>>>>> How far have you guys gotten in your planning?
I have not
> [...]
>>         >>>>>> Let me know if you have questions...
>>         >>>>>>
>>         >>>>>> Cheers,
>>         >>>>>>
>>         >>>>>> Will
>>         >>>>>>
>>         >>>>>> *Will STEVENS*
>>         >>>>>> Lead Developer
>>         >>>>>>
>>         >>>>>> <https://goo.gl/NYZ8KK>
>>         >>>>>>
>>         >>>>>> On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 7:46 AM, Marco Sinhoreli
<
>>         >>>>>> marco.sinhoreli@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>>         >>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>> Hi there,
>>         >>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>> The event will happen. Because of the economic
crisis in
>> Brazil last
>>         >>>>> year,
>>         >>>>>>> it was unsustainable to hold the event.
>>         >>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>> We got the venue in a public university (Unicamp)[1]
for
>> the event
>>         >>> to be
>>         >>>>>>> held this year during 20 - 21 March. They are
very happy
>> to welcome
>>         >>>>>>> everyone there.
>>         >>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>> We are migrating the web page to another server
and we
>> will need to
>>         >>>>>>> register a dns entry for br.cloudstackcollab.org
>>         >>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>> Unicamp as well will help technically the CloudStack
>> project
>>         >>> providing a
>>         >>>>>>> Ph.D. group to implement IPv6. They will start
the
>> development in
>>         >>> March.
>>         >>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>> [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Campinas
>>         >>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>> Best regards,
>>         >>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>> Marco Sinhoreli
>>         >>>>>>> Managing Consultant
>>         >>>>>>> marco.sinhoreli@shapeblue.com
>>         >>>>>>> mobile: +55 21 98276 3636 <(21)%2098276-3636>
>>         >>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>> Praia de Botafogo 501, bloco 1 - sala 101 –
Botafogo
>>         >>>>>>> Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brazil - CEP 22250-040
>>         >>>>>>> office: + 55 21 2586 6390 <(21)%202586-6390>
| fax: +55
>> 21 2586 6002 <(21)%202586-6002>
>>         >>>>>>> http://www.shapeblue.com/ | twitter: @shapeblue
>>         >>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>> Em [DATE], "[NAME]" <[ADDRESS]> escreveu:
>>         >>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>>> If that event is not happening in Brazil,
I propose we
>> have on in
>>         >>> the
>>         >>>>> bay
>>         >>>>>>> area?
>>         >>>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>>> ________________________________
>>         >>>>>>>> From: williamstevens@gmail.com <williamstevens@gmail.com>
>> on
>>         >>> behalf of
>>         >>>>>>> Will Stevens <wstevens@cloudops.com>
>>         >>>>>>>> Sent: Monday, January 9, 2017 10:57:29 AM
>>         >>>>>>>> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>>         >>>>>>>> Subject: Re: CS Collab Conf Brazil page
is down
>>         >>>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>>> I don't think that CCC is actually going
to happen.  My
>>         >>> understanding
>>         >>>>> is
>>         >>>>>>>> that they had problems getting the event
off the
>> ground.  We have
>>         >>>>> tried to
>>         >>>>>>>> reach out to them a few times and no one
seems to be
>> able to get a
>>         >>>>>>> response
>>         >>>>>>>> (or at least a straight answer) about what
is going on.
>>         >>>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>>> I am assuming that event is not going to
happen at this
>> point.
>>         >>>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>>> I currently manage http://cloudstackcollab.org/.
>> Should I remove
>>         >>> it
>>         >>>>> from
>>         >>>>>>>> this site?
>>         >>>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>>> *Will STEVENS*
>>         >>>>>>>> Lead Developer
>>         >>>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>>> <https://goo.gl/NYZ8KK>
>>         >>>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>>> On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 1:52 PM, Nicolás
Vázquez <
>>         >>>>> nicovazquez90@gmail.com>
>>         >>>>>>>> wrote:
>>         >>>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>>>> Hi,
>>         >>>>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>>>> I noticed http://cloudstack.usp.br/
is down, is it
>> another URL
>>         >>> for
>>         >>>>> this
>>         >>>>>>>>> event?
>>         >>>>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>>>> Thanks,
>>         >>>>>>>>> Nicolas
>>         >>>>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>>>
>>         >>>>>>>> DISCLAIMER
>>         >>>>>>>> ==========
>>         >>>>>>>> This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential
>> information
>>         >>> which
>>         >>>>> is
>>         >>>>>>> the property of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems
>> business. It is
>>         >>>>> intended
>>         >>>>>>> only for the use of the individual or entity
to which it
>> is
>>         >>> addressed.
>>         >>>>> If
>>         >>>>>>> you are not the intended recipient, you are
not
>> authorized to read,
>>         >>>>> retain,
>>         >>>>>>> copy, print, distribute or use this message.
If you have

--
Rafael Weingärtner