From Rafael Weingärtner <rafaelweingart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CS Collab Conf Brazil page is down
Date Sat, 24 Jun 2017 01:50:57 GMT
Hi Rajesh,
This would be awesome. I do believe that Apache (not just CloudStack) could
benefit from events in South America. I think that we as a community could
work something out there. Of course, nothing like an ApacheCon, but
something small, and cozy that represent our community. This can enable
local ACS users to meet each other and community members such as committers
and PMCs (probably for their first time). I believe that showing ourselves
is vital if we want to further expand there.

I do not know how to go from here; maybe Marco could guide us here.

Thanks Rajesh for showing us support.

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 12:29 AM, Rajesh Ramchandani <
rajesh.ramchandani@accelerite.com> wrote:

> Hi Team - we at Accelerite will be happy to support any sponsorship of the
> event in Brazil. If there is enough interest, we will consider any
> opportunity to show our support like we do in other places and geos. Please
> let us know some more info and we can setup a community discussion ASAP.
>
> Thanks
> Raj Ramchandani
> GM, Accelerite.
> ------------------------------

We
> would still
>         >>>>> like to have this event, and everybody in the community
is
> welcome,
>         >>> but it
>         >>>>> may be difficult to  "think" of it as a CCC (i.e. we still
> carry  on
>         >>> with
>         >>>>> it, but acknowledge that  it may clash with other events
and
> it may be
>         >>>>> difficult for international people to attend)
>         >>>>>
>         >>>>>
>         >>>>> Best regards,
>         >>>>>
>         >>>>>
>         >>>>> Marco Sinhoreli
>         >>>>> Managing Consultant
>         >>>>> marco.sinhoreli@shapeblue.com
>         >>>>> mobile: +55 21 98276 3636 <(21)%2098276-3636>
>         >>>>>
>         >>>>> Praia de Botafogo 501, bloco 1 - sala 101 – Botafogo
>         >>>>> Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brazil - CEP 22250-040
>         >>>>> office: + 55 21 2586 6390 <(21)%202586-6390> | fax:
+55 21
> 2586 6002 <(21)%202586-6002>
>         >>>>> http://www.shapeblue.com/ | twitter: @shapeblue
>         >>>>>
>         >>>>>
>         >>>>>
>         >>>>>
>         >>>>>
>         >>>>>
>         >>>>>
>         >>>>>
>         >>>>> Em [DATE], "[NAME]" <[ADDRESS]> escreveu:
>         >>>>>
>         >>>>>> I agree with Will. There may not be much time to prepare
> for if the
>         >>> event
>         >>>>> is planned for March. I look forward to more details on
the
> event soon.
>         >>>>>>
>         >>>>>>
>         >>>>>> Raj
>         >>>>>>
>         >>>>>> ________________________________
>         >>>>>> From: williamstevens@gmail.com <williamstevens@gmail.com>
> on behalf of
>         >>>>> Will Stevens <wstevens@cloudops.com>
>         >>>>>> Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 8:02:48 AM
>         >>>>>> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>         >>>>>> Subject: Re: CS Collab Conf Brazil page is down
>         >>>>>>
>         >>>>>> Thank for following up Marco,
>         >>>>>> I am a bit worried about the timing since I think we
are
> looking to
>         >>> try to
>         >>>>>> make a presence at ApacheCon in Miami on May 16-18.
 It may
> [...]
>         >>>>>>>
>         >>>>>>> We are migrating the web page to another server
and we
> will need to
>         >>>>>>> register a dns entry for br.cloudstackcollab.org
>         >>>>>>>
>         >>>>>>> Unicamp as well will help technically the CloudStack
> project
>         >>> providing a
>         >>>>>>> Ph.D. group to implement IPv6. They will start the
> development in
>         >>> March.
>         >>>>>>>
>         >>>>>>> [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Campinas
>         >>>>>>>
>         >>>>>>> Best regards,
>         >>>>>>>
>         >>>>>>> Marco Sinhoreli
>         >>>>>>> Managing Consultant
>         >>>>>>> marco.sinhoreli@shapeblue.com
>         >>>>>>> mobile: +55 21 98276 3636 <(21)%2098276-3636>
>         >>>>>>>
>         >>>>>>> Praia de Botafogo 501, bloco 1 - sala 101 – Botafogo
>         >>>>>>> Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brazil - CEP 22250-040
>         >>>>>>> office: + 55 21 2586 6390 <(21)%202586-6390>
| fax: +55
>         >>>>>>> http://www.shapeblue.com/ | twitter: @shapeblue
>         >>>>>>>
>         >>>>>>>
>         >>>>>>>
>         >>>>>>>
>         >>>>>>>
>         >>>>>>>
>         >>>>>>>
>         >>>>>>> Em [DATE], "[NAME]" <[ADDRESS]> escreveu:
>         >>>>>>>
>         >>>>>>>> If that event is not happening in Brazil, I
propose we
> have on in
>         >>> the
>         >>>>> bay
>         >>>>>>> area?
>         >>>>>>>>
>         >>>>>>>> ________________________________
>         >>>>>>>> From: williamstevens@gmail.com <williamstevens@gmail.com>
> on
>         >>> behalf of
>         >>>>>>> Will Stevens <wstevens@cloudops.com>
>         >>>>>>>> Sent: Monday, January 9, 2017 10:57:29 AM
>         >>>>>>>> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>         >>>>>>>> Subject: Re: CS Collab Conf Brazil page is down
>         >>>>>>>>
>         >>>>>>>> I don't think that CCC is actually going to
happen.  My
>         >>> understanding
>         >>>>> is
>         >>>>>>>> that they had problems getting the event off
the ground.
> We have
>         >>>>> tried to
>         >>>>>>>> reach out to them a few times and no one seems
to be able
> to get a
>         >>>>>>> response
>         >>>>>>>> (or at least a straight answer) about what is
going on.
>         >>>>>>>>
>         >>>>>>>> I am assuming that event is not going to happen
 Should

--
Rafael Weingärtner