From John Kinsella <jlkin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: speaker request - intro cloudstack talk in the bay area
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2017 18:58:14 GMT
So they’re open for 2/23, and are flexible on time. I’ll sync up with Tim off-list. If
timing doesn’t work or something, will bring it back here.

What might be nice is to have a library of talks that we can give as necessary. I know a bunch
of us have slide decks from various talks, would be nice to standardize/centralize!

John

> On Jan 5, 2017, at 7:39 PM, Tim Mackey <tmackey@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> John,
>
> When would this be? I've done a couple similar talks in the past, and am speaking at
ContainerWorld Feb 23rd. Could potentially make something align around that and reduce costs
to very low.

> -tim
>
> On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 10:12 PM, John Kinsella <jlkinsel@gmail.com <mailto:jlkinsel@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Howdy folks - not sure if we should do these on marketing@ or dev@, but going to try
and see if I can stoke the speaker thing outside our own community, a bit.

> I’m a mentor with Holberton School[1] - it’s a little different than a standard dev
bootcamp, requiring students to have 6 months hands-on education, 6 months in an internship,
and then 6 months remote continuing education. They bring in a lot of industry folks to talk
about various topics - I saw mention this morning of an OpenStack presentation, needled them
about a CloudStack talk, and was told if I had a speaker they were more than game.

> So - audience is a bunch of very(!) eager to learn but very junior technologists. Setting
is at Holberton’s space in downtown San Francisco. Topic would be the standard “what is
cloudstack” type talk, or I’ve always been a fan of getting a room of folks to get devcloud/similar
up on their laptops.

> Anybody interested or know somebody? I could do it, but planning on doing a container
security talk and don’t want to overexpose them to my smiling face… :)