From Rohit Yadav <bhais...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS][REVIEW] 4.9.2.0 announcement draft
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2017 06:10:01 GMT
All,

Please review the draft for the 4.9.2.0 release announcement, the voting of
which has passed today.

For reference, I've written this wiki around LTS releases:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/LTS

I'll work on release notes now (the link in the draft don't work yet),
please review the following:

### DRAFT STARTS ###

# Apache CloudStack LTS Maintenance Release 4.9.2.0

The Apache CloudStack project is pleased to announce the release of the
CloudStack 4.9.2.0 as part of its LTS 4.9.x releases. The CloudStack
4.9.2.0 release contains more than 80 bug-fixes and improvements since the
CloudStack 4.9.0 release. The LTS branches are supported for 20 months, and
will receive updates for first 14 months and only security updates in its
last 6 months. The 4.9 LTS branch is supported till 1 June 2018.

Apache CloudStack is an integrated Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
software platform that allows users to build feature-rich public and
private cloud environments. CloudStack includes an intuitive user interface
and rich API for managing the compute, networking, software, and storage
resources. The project became an Apache top level project in March, 2013.

More information about Apache CloudStack can be found at:
http://cloudstack.apache.org/

# Documentation

What's new in CloudStack 4.9.2.0:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.9.2/about.html

The 4.9.2.0 release notes include a full list of corrected issues, as well
as upgrade instructions from previous versions of Apache CloudStack, and
can be found at:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.9.2

The official installation, administration and API documentation for
each release are available on our Documentation Page:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/

# Downloads

The official source code for the 4.9.2.0 release can be downloaded from our
downloads page:
http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html

## Downloads

The official source code release can be downloaded from:

http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html

In addition to the official source code release, individual contributors
have also made convenience binaries available on the Apache CloudStack
download page, and can be found at:

http://www.shapeblue.com/packages/
http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/ubuntu/dists/ (packages to be published soon)
http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/centos/6/ (packages to be published soon)