From John Kinsella <jlkin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: speaker request - intro cloudstack talk in the bay area
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2017 17:51:33 GMT
Thanks guys - lemme reach out to them and see what they’re thinking schedule-wise and then
I’ll ping you as needed.

We’ve got a bunch of great speakers in the community, I’m hoping others will start to
make requests like this as well! :)

John

> On Jan 5, 2017, at 8:25 PM, Rajesh Ramchandani <rajesh.ramchandani@accelerite.com>
wrote:

> We could have someone from our team @ Accelerite do the talk if needed. Please let us
know

> Raj

ContainerWorld Feb 23rd. Could potentially make something align around that and reduce costs
to very low.

> -tim
>
> On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 10:12 PM, John Kinsella <jlkinsel@gmail.com <mailto:jlkinsel@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Howdy folks - not sure if we should do these on marketing@ or dev@, but going to try
and see if I can stoke the speaker thing outside our own community, a bit.

> I’m a mentor with Holberton School[1] - it’s a little different than a standard dev
bootcamp, requiring students to have 6 months hands-on education, 6 months in an internship,
and then 6 months remote continuing education. They bring in a lot of industry folks to talk
about various topics - I saw mention this morning of an OpenStack presentation, needled them
about a CloudStack talk, and was told if I had a speaker they were more than game.

> So - audience is a bunch of very(!) eager to learn but very junior technologists. Setting
is at Holberton’s space in downtown San Francisco. Topic would be the standard “what is
cloudstack” type talk, or I’ve always been a fan of getting a room of folks to get devcloud/similar
up on their laptops.

> Anybody interested or know somebody? I could do it, but planning on doing a container
security talk and don’t want to overexpose them to my smiling face… :)

> John
> 1: https://www.holbertonschool.com/ <https://www.holbertonschool.com/>
> DISCLAIMER ========== This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information
which is the property of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all
copies of this message. Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business does not accept any liability
for virus infected mails.