From Rajesh Venkatachalam <vraj...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][REVIEW] 4.9.2.0 announcement draft
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2017 14:59:16 GMT
Hi Rohit, Does this version include the changes i had suggested? Also better to send after
the packages are published in all the distribution. I think it may have been already. Can
someone verify? If yes, we can remove the comment about to be published soon.
Thanks,Rajesh

      From: Rohit Yadav <bhaisaab@apache.org>
 To: "marketing@cloudstack.apache.org" <marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>
 Sent: Thursday, January 5, 2017 10:10 PM
 Subject: [DISCUSS][REVIEW] 4.9.2.0 announcement draft

All,

Please review the draft for the 4.9.2.0 release announcement, the voting of which has passed
today.

For reference, I've written this wiki around LTS releases:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/LTS

I'll work on release notes now (the link in the draft don't work yet), please review the following:

### DRAFT STARTS ###

# Apache CloudStack LTS Maintenance Release 4.9.2.0

The Apache CloudStack project is pleased to announce the release of the CloudStack 4.9.2.0
as part of its LTS 4.9.x releases. The CloudStack 4.9.2.0 release contains more than 80 bug-fixes
and improvements since the CloudStack 4.9.0 release. The LTS branches are supported for 20
months, and will receive updates for first 14 months and only security updates in its last
6 months. The 4.9 LTS branch is supported till 1 June 2018.

Apache CloudStack is an integrated Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) software platform that
allows users to build feature-rich public and private cloud environments. CloudStack includes
an intuitive user interface and rich API for managing the compute, networking, software, and
storage resources. The project became an Apache top level project in March, 2013.

More information about Apache CloudStack can be found at:
http://cloudstack.apache.org/

# Documentation

What's new in CloudStack 4.9.2.0:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.9.2/about.html

The 4.9.2.0 release notes include a full list of corrected issues, as well as upgrade instructions
from previous versions of Apache CloudStack, and can be found at:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.9.2

The official installation, administration and API documentation for
each release are available on our Documentation Page:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/

# Downloads

The official source code for the 4.9.2.0 release can be downloaded from our downloads page:
http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html

## Downloads

The official source code release can be downloaded from:

http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html

In addition to the official source code release, individual contributors have also made convenience
binaries available on the Apache CloudStack download page, and can be found at:

http://www.shapeblue.com/packages/
http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/ubuntu/dists/ (packages to be published soon)
http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/centos/6/ (packages to be published soon)
http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/centos/7/ (packages to be published soon)