From John Kinsella <jlkin...@gmail.com>
Subject speaker request - intro cloudstack talk in the bay area
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2017 03:12:39 GMT
Howdy folks - not sure if we should do these on marketing@ or dev@, but going to try and see
if I can stoke the speaker thing outside our own community, a bit.

I’m a mentor with Holberton School[1] - it’s a little different than a standard dev bootcamp,
requiring students to have 6 months hands-on education, 6 months in an internship, and then
6 months remote continuing education. They bring in a lot of industry folks to talk about
various topics - I saw mention this morning of an OpenStack presentation, needled them about
a CloudStack talk, and was told if I had a speaker they were more than game.

So - audience is a bunch of very(!) eager to learn but very junior technologists. Setting
is at Holberton’s space in downtown San Francisco. Topic would be the standard “what is
cloudstack” type talk, or I’ve always been a fan of getting a room of folks to get devcloud/similar
up on their laptops.

Anybody interested or know somebody? I could do it, but planning on doing a container security
talk and don’t want to overexpose them to my smiling face… :)

John
1: https://www.holbertonschool.com/