From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][REVIEW] CloudStack 4.9.1.0 announcement
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2016 07:31:41 GMT
Hi Tim,

Thanks for reviewing; I've few comments:

- I don't understand what your first suggestion.

- I'll add that it's a maintenance release on the LTS branch/release.

- This is only an announcement, the information on what got changes, added/removed/fixed need
to go into release notes. We can have a link to release notes and upgrade notes in the announcements
though.

Regards.

________________________________
From: Tim Mackey <tmackey@gmail.com>
Sent: 16 December 2016 22:11
To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS][REVIEW] CloudStack 4.9.1.0 announcement

Great start, Rohit. Only a few suggestions....

- current dayjob wants "active voice" for things like this. Net impact is stuff like "that
allows" now reads off to me. Suggest "allowing" for this example and looking out for other
cases.

- since this is a maintenance release, it would be good to explicit about that (4.9.1.0 maintenance
release)

- since this is a maintenance release on an lts, it's probably a good idea to explicitly state
when eom is slated to happen. Idea being to save someone from hunting for it.

- "improvements" is both vague and subjective. Suggest creating a page detailing any configuration
or behavioral changes which occur from stock 4.9 and link to it. The idea isn't to replace
the readme, but to consolidate stuff you might need when debugging an upgrade

On Dec 16, 2016 9:10 PM, "Rohit Yadav" <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com<mailto:rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>>