From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CloudStack 4.9.0 Released!
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2016 15:36:22 GMT
Hey Will – great news. Well done to everybody involved and thanks to you for the card herding
(sorry, mean release management)

I’ve been away for a couple of weeks so haven’t been following lists. I have just noticed
that theres been no media announcement on the release.

Has anybody looped Sally in so she can do an announcement ?

I’m happy to pick up with her if nobody has

Kind Regards
Giles

giles.sirett@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

From: Will Stevens [mailto:williamstevens@gmail.com]
Sent: 12 August 2016 21:03
To: announce@apache.org; announce@cloudstack.apache.org; dev@cloudstack.apache.org; marketing@cloudstack.apache.org;
users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CloudStack 4.9.0 Released!

Hello Everyone,
I am happy to announce the 4.9.0 release of Apache CloudStack.

As the release manager for 4.9.0, I would like to say a big Thank You to the community for
supporting this release.  We were able to merge over 180 PRs and fixed more than 75 bugs with
this version.

We had a period without a release manager earlier this year which impacted our release cadence,
but I am happy to report that this is being addressed in the community.  You can expect a
more active release cycle going forward as well as the introduction of LTS releases.  If you
would like more information, please come join us on the dev@ list.

Release Download: https://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html

Release Notes: http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.9.0/

Cheers,