From Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>
Subject Re: [PRIORITY] Re: AW: CCC Brasil
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2016 22:00:36 GMT
Sorry for the late response Ill fix the main site today

Marco, can you update the event site?

On Aug 24, 2016 13:59, "Sally Khudairi" <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Folks --the event is still listed at http://cloudstack.apache.org/
>
> Who is able to edit this page and notify registrants of the cancellation?
>
> Thanks,
> Sally
>
> ------------------------------

I find it really frustrating that this has been postposed last minute (like you, I had made
plans) But the reasons for having to do so, as far as I understand, were forced on them last
minute and they've tried everything they can.

> The one clear thing I got from the call is that 29-30 September is definitely  not happening.
>
> Marco and Cyrano are working to secure new dates from the hosts (USP)  and intend to
let the community know as soon as they can about such dates.

> For the moment, http://cloudstackcollab.org/ has been updated with "date to be determined"
>

> Kind Regards
> Giles
>
> giles.sirett@shapeblue.com www.shapeblue.com
> @shapeblue

and get the conference off the ground. Conferences are very expensive to stage here in Brasil
so we were relying on a number of large sponsors. Unfortunately , we are unable to get enough
sponsors for the proposed September dates due to multiple schedule conflicts.

> I appreciate that this is very late notice. Up until this week we were hoping to have
enough sponsorship to run the event but we were also conscious that this would have left only
a little time for CFP and people to make travel arrangements. We have therefore decided to
cancel the September conference. We're working with local sponsors and our venue hosts to
try and find some dates either later in 2016 or in 2017.