From "Sally Khudairi" <sallykhuda...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [FINAL CALL] Re: [draft for review] -4.9 -press release
Date Sun, 21 Aug 2016 15:02:29 GMT
Will caught a double-mention of cloud.ca in the user list, so that will be fixed.

Anything else?

Thanks,
Sally

[From the mobile; please excuse top-posting, spelling/spacing errors, and brevity]

----- Reply message -----
From: "Sally Khudairi" <sk@apache.org>
To: "Apache CloudStack Marketing" <marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: [FINAL CALL] Re: [draft for review] -4.9 -press release
Date: Sun, Aug 21, 2016 07:20

Hello everyone --below is the latest draft.

We have just under 11 hours to go before I have to lock in the copy and ramp the announcement
up on the newswire for dissemination tomorrow.

Please forward any final additions/corrections no later than 6PM ET tonight. Anything coming
in after this time can be adjusted in the press release at blogs.apache.org. Note that, if
required, whilst not ideal, we can also make adjustments online after the press release is
live.

A reminder that there usually is a version of the press release published on https://blogs.apache.org/cloudstack/
--not sure if someone will be posting a copy of the announcement (or any supporting documentation)
there as well; I'm planning to publish under the top, "Foundation" level.

Also, please make sure that there are authorized spokespeople (usually from the PMC) available
for any media/analyst queries.

Kind thanks,
Sally

= = =

DRAFT :: NOT FOR DISSEMINATION

Announcing Apache® CloudStack™ v4.9

Mature, easy-to-deploy Open Source Cloud computing software meets the demands of the world’s
largest Cloud providers

Forest Hill, MD —22 August 2016— The Apache CloudStack project announced today the immediate
availability of Apache CloudStack v4.9, the latest version of the turnkey Open Source Cloud
computing software platform used for creating private, public, and hybrid Cloud environments.

Apache CloudStack Clouds enable billions of dollars worth of business transactions annually
across their Clouds. Its maturity, stability and ease of deployment has led it to become the
Open Source platform of choice for many service providers offering on-demand, elastic public
Cloud computing services. CloudStack is also leveraged by many enterprises to provide private
or hybrid Clouds for use by their employees.

CloudStack includes an intuitive user interface and rich APIs for managing the compute, networking,
software, and storage infrastructure resources. It supports a broad range of integration points
for both traditional and Cloud-native workloads.

"We're delighted to be releasing Apache CloudStack 4.9,” said Will Stevens, Vice President
of Apache CloudStack. "This version brings many new and exciting features, with the continued
emphasis on making Apache CloudStack the easiest Cloud platform to deploy and most reliable
platform for running IaaS environments. This release is the culmination of many months of
hard work by our diverse developer community."

CloudStack 4.9 reflects dozens of new features and improvements, including:

Out of band power management of hosts through IPMI, iLO, DRAC
Enhancements to CloudStack networking model including deeper integration with Nuage VSP SDN
User defined security roles
More than 180 minor enhancements and issues fixed

A complete overview of all new enhancements can be found in the project release notes at http://docs.Cloudstack.apache.org/projects/Cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.9.0/

Apache CloudStack has been used by thousands of organizations worldwide and is in use/production
at Alcatel-Lucent, Autodesk, BT Cloud, China Telecom, cloud.ca, Cloudops, Codero Hosting,
DataPipe, Exoscale, Globo.com, GreenQloud, Hokkaido University, IDC Frontier, Ikoula, Interoute,
KDDI, KT/Korea Telecom, LeaseWeb, NTT, Orange, PCextreme, Schuberg Philis, Shopzilla, Slovak
Telekom, Tata, Telia Latvia, Trader Media Group, TomTom, University of Melbourne, University
of Sao Paolo, Verizon, WebMD and Cloud.ca among many others. A list of known users of the
software can be found at http://cloudstack.apache.org/users.html

"At Codero, we have been running our Public Cloud flawlessly on CloudStack since 2012 having
selected it to power our Public and Hybrid Cloud due to its amazing stability, ease of use,
and versatility," said Emil Sayegh, CEO and Chairman of Codero Hosting. "We are excited for
the release of the next version of Apache CloudStack with its new features and capabilities
that cement it as the Open Source platform of choice for leading hosting providers."

"Apache CloudStack has enabled us at Exoscale to build a public Cloud infrastructure offering
that targets Cloud native teams directly," said Marc-Aurèle Brothier, Senior Developer at
Exoscale. "CloudStack's flexibility lets us choose standard components for most workloads
and then swap in our own code where our product and customers' needs demand it. We're excited
to have contributed to CloudStack and also for the future of our CloudStack-based business."

"Apache CloudStack has been at the very foundation of Telia CLOUDY SERVICES already for more
than 3 years," said Mārtiņš Paurs, CCO of CLOUDY SERVICES by Telia Latvia. "After starting
with regular IaaS services, during time it has taken over orchestration of Cloud based video
surveillance, CDN and video lifecycle management workloads, all for the benefit of our customers.
And CloudStack does it really well! The ease of use, stability, professional and community
support, powerful features  and scale we can achieve by using CloudStack has turned upside
down the way and pace we innovate together with the very demanding market."

"cloud.ca is an avid supporter of Apache Cloudstack not only because we value the stability
and robustness of the platform, but because we highly value the power of the Cloudstack community
to drive innovation," said Mike Gero, Vice President of Product & Business Development
at cloud.ca. "We look forward to benefiting from the myriad of improvements and fixes in Cloudstack
4.9, as well as beginning to work with new features like the enhanced networking model."

Availability
CloudStack 4.9 is available immediately as a free download from  http://Cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html.
Apache CloudStack software is released under the Apache License v2.0.

Governance and Oversight
Apache CloudStack is overseen by a self-selected team of active contributors to the project.
A Project Management Committee (PMC) guides the Project's day-to-day operations, including
community development and product releases.

Get Involved!
Apache CloudStack welcomes contribution and community participation through mailing lists
as well as attending face-to-face MeetUps, developer trainings, and user events. Anybody wishing
to get involved in the project can find out more at http://Cloudstack.apache.org/contribute.html

About Apache CloudStack
Apache CloudStack is a mature, turnkey integrated Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Open
Source software platform that allows users to build feature-rich public and private Cloud
environments. Hailed by Gartner Group as "a solid product", CloudStack includes an intuitive
user interface and rich APIs for managing the compute, networking, software, and storage infrastructure
resources. CloudStack entered the Apache Incubator in April 2012 and became an Apache Top-level
Project in March 2013. For downloads, documentation, and ways to become involved with Apache
CloudStack, visit http://cloudstack.apache.org/ and https://twitter.com/CloudStack

© The Apache Software Foundation. "Apache", "CloudStack", and "Apache CloudStack" are registered
trademarks or trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation in the United States and/or other
countries. All other brands and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

# # #