From Will Stevens <williamstev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Supported by ACS logo
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2016 18:36:25 GMT
I have changed the options in the poll to simplify the voting for a 'style'
by removing color options.  The color pallet is another question and any of
the chosen designs could potentially be modified to match the color style
guide once we establish it.

I have also added my version which tim asked for.  It is very rough and
only depicts the style.  If it is chosen I will have a graphic designer
actually make it correctly with the right fonts etc...

Here is the poll link again:
http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=575afb1ce4b07327e1c57b16

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 1:55 PM, Will Stevens <williamstevens@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Why don't we just do something like this and then I can post the final
> results after?
>
> http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=575afb1ce4b07327e1c57b16
>
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 1:03 PM, John Burwell <john.burwell@shapeblue.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Will,
>>
>> Would a discuss thread to get a lazy consensus of finalists work?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -John
>>
>> john.burwell@shapeblue.com
>> www.shapeblue.com
>> @shapeblue
>>

>> On Jun 10, 2016, at 12:49 PM, Will Stevens <williamstevens@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> OK. I agree with that. We may want to figure out how to vote on this
>> since we are voting on:
>> - which variations we want to allow for use
>> - how many to approve
>>
>> Etc...
>> On Jun 10, 2016 11:58 AM, "John Burwell" <john.burwell@shapeblue.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Will,
>>>
>>> So long as I have been around, the PMC has never voted to accept the
>>> vote of the community.  Since PMC members cast binding votes and all votes
>>> require a minimum number of bind ing votes, the notion of PMC “acceptance”
>>> is baked into all votes.  If you feel we are ready for a vote, it should be
>>> sufficient to open a [VOTE] thread on dev@ explaining the changes to
>>> the marketing and trademark guidelines.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> -John
>>>

>>> john.burwell@shapeblue.com
>>> www.shapeblue.com
>>> @shapeblue
>>>

>>> On Jun 10, 2016, at 11:11 AM, Will Stevens <williamstevens@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> @John, if you concerned about the PMC's ownership of the vote, we could
>>> potentially hold a vote after the public one to approve what the public
>>> vote chooses.  Does this resolve any concerns you may have with this?
>>>
>>> On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 11:08 AM, Will Stevens <williamstevens@gmail.com

 :P  We will want

Maybe something

 Is that because we