From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenStack Revenues Approaching $3.4B: 451 Research
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2016 19:53:42 GMT

> On Apr 28, 2016, at 5:07 PM, Sunando Bhattacharya <sunando@indiqus.com> wrote:
>
> I really don’t know on what basis we are saying that openstack doesn’t work… $3.4Bill
of revenues !!!

So I am of the opinion that “openstack works” just because some friends at CERN have it
working.…

But $3.4B of revenues is just pure bullocks …..

Except if you equate IBM and HP cloud business as Openstack revenues.

> Fact is openstack is production-grade and catching up fast on most counts with ACS, and
actually ahead on some features like NFV.

What about Bi-modal IT and Devops, is Openstack catching up there too ?

> Lets call a spade a spade
> Sunando Bhattacharya
> M +91 97111 52299
> www.indiqus.com
>

> This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged. If you are not
the intended recipient please delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer
system. You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited unless proper authorization has been obtained for such action. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately. Although
IndiQus attempts to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that both
are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.

> On 28 April 2016 at 8:26:21 PM, Giles Sirett (giles.sirett@shapeblue.com) wrote:
>
>> +1 to that will
>>
>> Kind Regards
>> Giles
>>
>> D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
>> Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com
>>

>> giles.sirett@shapeblue.com
>> www.shapeblue.com
>> @shapeblue
>>

>> On 28 Apr 2016, at 15:39, Will Stevens <williamstevens@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Openstack is just bitter because they still don't have a product that works and
our product works just fine.  Just goes to show that more money doesn't always solve the problem...
 :)  All that money and almost no success stories.  Kind of sad really...

>>> On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 1:09 AM, Madan Ganesh Velayudham <madanganesh@actonmagic.com>
wrote:
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> Just bumped onto this article, thought of sharing:
>>>
>>> http://www.eweek.com/cloud/openstack-revenues-approaching-3.4b-451-research.html
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>> The decision to turn over OpenStack to a foundation in 2012 stands in contrast
to the CloudStack platform and its parent, Citrix. Citrix donated CloudStack to the Apache
Software Foundation, but it was never set up with the same true, multi-stakeholder, stand-alone
foundation as OpenStack's.

>>> "If Citrix would have done a foundation around CloudStack, we would now be at
a Cloudstack Summit, not OpenStack Summit," Sadowski said." Sadowski said.