From Jules-Henri Gavetti <jhgave...@ikoula.com>
Subject Re: OpenStack Revenues Approaching $3.4B: 451 Research
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2016 16:05:35 GMT
Hello,

On the French Market :
1 year ago every body talk about OpenStack.
Now nobody care.
Why because a lot of big company lost a huge amount of money in POC

CloudStack is business ready.
We see more and more ISV build plugin for Cloudstack

In the 3.4 billion you have hardware, software and consulting.

HP sell Openstack with his hardware and mix the revenue.
Every Openstack supplier do that.

3.4 billion doesn't really exist !

A bient?t

Jules

Le 28 avr. 2016 ? 17:50, Will Stevens <williamstevens@gmail.com<mailto:williamstevens@gmail.com>>
a ?crit :

I would be curious to know how many billions of $ of consulting and operational costs were
incurred to boost the $3.4B of revenues.  :)  I wonder which number is bigger...

You still can't upgrade an openstack cloud, so if you want to go to a new version, you have
to build a new cloud and migrate all of your workloads.

I am not saying you can't make money with openstack, but I would rather be an openstack consultant
than an openstack provider, and that says a lot about the actual technology...

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 11:07 AM, Sunando Bhattacharya <sunando@indiqus.com<mailto:sunando@indiqus.com>>