From ilya <ilya.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenStack Revenues Approaching $3.4B: 451 Research
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2016 19:58:24 GMT
On 4/28/16 12:53 PM, Sebastien Goasguen wrote:

>> On Apr 28, 2016, at 5:07 PM, Sunando Bhattacharya <sunando@indiqus.com> wrote:
>>
>> I really don’t know on what basis we are saying that openstack doesn’t work…
$3.4Bill of revenues !!!

> So I am of the opinion that “openstack works” just because some friends at CERN have
it working.…

> But $3.4B of revenues is just pure bullocks …..
>
> Except if you equate IBM and HP cloud business as Openstack revenues.
>

>> Fact is openstack is production-grade and catching up fast on most counts with ACS,
and actually ahead on some features like NFV.
Have you seen Nuage implementation of NFV with CloudStack? If not, its
worth trying it out.

> What about Bi-modal IT and Devops, is Openstack catching up there too ?
>

>> Lets call a spade a spade
>> Sunando Bhattacharya
>> M +91 97111 52299
>> www.indiqus.com
>>

>> This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged. If you are
not the intended recipient please delete the original message and any copy of it from your
computer system. You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
this communication is strictly prohibited unless proper authorization has been obtained for
such action. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately.
Although IndiQus attempts to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee
that both are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of
viruses.

>> On 28 April 2016 at 8:26:21 PM, Giles Sirett (giles.sirett@shapeblue.com) wrote:
>>
>>> +1 to that will
>>>
>>> Kind Regards
>>> Giles
>>>
>>> D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
>>> Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com
>>>

>>> giles.sirett@shapeblue.com
>>> www.shapeblue.com
>>> @shapeblue

and our product works just fine.  Just goes to show that more money doesn't always solve the
problem...  :)  All that money and almost no success stories.  Kind of sad really...

to the CloudStack platform and its parent, Citrix. Citrix donated CloudStack to the Apache
Software Foundation, but it was never set up with the same true, multi-stakeholder, stand-alone
foundation as OpenStack's.

at a Cloudstack Summit, not OpenStack Summit," Sadowski said." Sadowski said.