From ilya <ilya.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenStack Revenues Approaching $3.4B: 451 Research
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2016 19:05:32 GMT
If you look at it objectively - while lack of Citrix's involvement to
create foundation - hurt the project, it also ensured that our code base
is less of a zoo - OpenStack has these days.

My 2'cents, its much easier to work with a project that has relatively
small committer base VS thousands of committer OS has. Imagine 2000
active committers and 2000 opinions on how something should be done.

That makes it very difficult to manage and deliver stability in addition
to being able to guarantee that upgrade process from version X to
version Z goes through cleanly.

A simple example is our back log queue - Will and others are trying to
clear now. Its nothing in comparison to OpenStack backlog.

Hence, you see just about any company out there, spins up their own
flavor of OpenStack. I can easily count 10 different flavors of
openstack - that lock you in to their version only and then $milk$ you
for support and anything else you might need.