From "Kristoffer Sheather @ CloudCentral" <kristoffer.sheat...@cloudcentral.com.au>
Subject re: RightScale 2016 State of the Cloud Report
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2016 22:16:49 GMT
Thanks Ilya.

 I agree that ACS is doing well considering the relative lack of
contribution compared to OpenStack.  CloudStack is much simpler and 'just
works' without requiring a massive engineering effort.
   Regards,

Kristoffer Sheather
CloudCentral

 Mobile: +61 475 048 864 | Switch: +61 2 6160 7624 | Email:
kris@cloudcentral.com.au
LinkedIn:   | Skype: kristoffer.sheather | Twitter:
http://twitter.com/kristofferjon

 From: "ilya" <ilya.mailing.lists@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2016 9:11 AM
To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RightScale 2016 State of the Cloud Report
Here is the latest State of the Cloud Report

http://assets.rightscale.com/uploads/pdfs/RightScale-2016-State-of-the-Cloud
-Report.pdf

My thoughts: while initially, it may seem that CloudStack is about 4-7%
margin behind OpenStack, considering that:
1) Marketing budget is at least 500 times less
2) Active committer base is 30 times smaller
3) Overall resources are at least 100 times less
And some fairly large sized CCP customers failed to participate in this
survey.

With limited resources we've got and numbers we showed, we are doing
REALLY WELL! I think it is a testament to job well done by everyone
involved in ACS community and beyond!

Regards
ilya