From Ian Rae <i...@cloudops.com>
Subject Re: RightScale 2016 State of the Cloud Report
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2016 00:22:31 GMT
Absolutely Giles. With the Citrix exit from the community it is time for
the large users and commercial supporters to reboot the effort to build an
Apache CloudStack related marketing alliance. This can be done as a lean
and agile effort, and is less about having a hype machine and more about
sharing information with the world on key use cases, success stories, etc….
That CloudStack is the dark matter of the open source cloud computing world
is of benefit to none.

I realize most analysts and certainly much of the OpenStack community would
prefer Apache CloudStack to remain in obscurity but in the real world it
has sustainable and defensible value for use cases that OpenStack, and
other vendor driven projects are unable to effectively address.

CloudOps has always believed the market is not an either/or proposition. We
have a responsibility to make the capabilities and key use cases widely
known, especially since the Apache Foundation cannot do it. We need to work
on this now.

Ian

--
Ian Rae
CEO | PDG

CloudOps | Cloud Infrastructure and Networking Solutions
www.cloudops.com | 420 rue Guy | Montreal | Canada | H3J 1S6