From Samir Agarwal <samir.agar...@accelerite.com>
Subject Accelerite's acquisition of CloudPlatform - the Accelerite viewpoint
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2016 08:22:01 GMT
Hello,

This is a wide distribution. I hesitate to spam, but I do want to introduce Accelerite to
the Apache CloudStack community - who we are, how we do things, and what is our thinking on
CloudStack. If you missed the announcement about Accelerite acquiring CloudPlatform from Citrix,
you can find it here<https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2016/01/11/a-new-home-accelerite-to-acquire-cloudplatform/>.

My name is Samir Agarwal, and I manage products at Accelerite. Our company strives to be a
preferred, premier provider of IT solutions to companies around the globe. The company has
three key business lines - Mobility and endpoint management, IoT, and Cloud Solutions. This
last business line is where our acquisition of CloudPlatform fits, and complements our already
existing self-service and disaster recovery & business continuity solutions.

In addition to building products from scratch, Accelerite regularly acquires assets from other
companies - much like CloudPlatform from Citrix. Almost always the first thing we do is bring
a strong focus on support to make sure our customers' needs are being met. In parallel we
look to significantly increase our investments in R&D. We want to make sure our existing
and future customers see our commitment to the product, and an exciting roadmap to go with
it. This is exactly what we are planning to do with CloudPlatform as well.

So, what does all of this mean for CloudStack? I can tell you that our commitment to CloudStack
is rock solid. You should fully expect to see us contributing to the CloudStack code base,
and owning even more items on the roadmap. We will be in meetups and CloudStack events to
further promote the cause of CloudStack and CloudPlatform. To say we are thrilled about the
possibilities doesn't do justice to our level of excitement. My colleague, Lianghwa Jou, and
I met Ilya H, John K and Animesh C - all members of the CloudStack PMC - the other day over
lunch. We learned a great deal from them, and left with a resolve to further engage with the
community, and explore how we can make meaningful contributions. We are firmly of the belief
that the success of CloudPlatform lies in the success of CloudStack. Put more plainly, without
CloudStack, there is no CloudPlatform!

We look forward to an exciting relationship with the CloudStack community.

Samir

DISCLAIMER