From Walter, André <Andre.Wal...@bitgroup.de>
Subject Supported by ACS logo
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2016 14:28:37 GMT
Dear all,

I am pretty new to CloudStack community and want to start my thread with a short introduction.
I am working for BIT.Group GmbH and heading the area called "Cloud Services". There we are
delivering Infrastructure Management Services to big customers (mainly SAP) with a clear focus
on open source technologies. That means we do classical IT outsourcing specialized on implementing
and operating virtualization and OS layer with Experts / Administrators in Germany (Dresden)
and China (Shanghai).

Giving this background we started last year to build up an own "BIT.Cloud" and decided to
use Apache Cloud Stack and Ceph as focus technologies. Our experiences with ACS are really
good (clearly we find the one or the other optimization potential ;-)), we had great interactions
in the community already and we decided to deepen our involvement. So hopefully you will hear
now inputs from our side quite more often and we especially want to increase the CloudStack
presence in the German speaking area.

What we currently miss is a kind of "supported by ACS" logo, because we want to publish our
Cloud offering with a clear statement of our focus technologies. I heart that there were already
discussions in the past, but somehow it did not come to an end. Do you also see the need or
in general would you support the initiative to get such a logo?

In case most of you answer the question with yes, I see following main questions:

·         Would you use the cloud stack (word), the monkey logo or the combination of both?

·         Are there any legal restrictions which we have to consider (e.g. does somebody
has to approve this from ASF side?)

·         Do you know why the initiative in the past did not succeed?

·         Did someone in the past already created some drafts or similar?

·         In case we have some logo proposals clearly some will like it and some won't. Will
we start a voting procedure or how does this work usually?

Please excuse this maybe stupid questions, but as I initially wrote, I am quite new to this
:).

My wish would be, that everybody can use such a "supported by" logo in case he wants to and
I would offer to engage our designer, to prepare some design proposals and share the results
with you.

I am looking forward for a fruitful discussion and your feedback.

Thanks and best regards.

André Walter
Cloud Services

BIT.Group GmbH