From sebgoa <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some noise around 4.6
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2015 09:16:04 GMT

On Nov 30, 2015, at 7:41 AM, Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think there is a reason to delay, is there Sebastien?

Yes there was (upgrade docs were not correct, docs showed 4.5 ….).

this was corrected Friday.

I will email Sally now to get the announce out

<runseb@gmail.com>, "Sally Khudairi" <sk@apache.org>

> Subject: Re: Some noise around 4.6
>
> Ping. Any updates here?
>
> As you know, waiting too long to announce sends the wrong message.
>
> Hopefully we can get this sorted and out the door this week.
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> -Sally
>

> = = = = = vox +1 617 921 8656 off2 +1 646 583 3362 skype sallykhudairi

news cycles are slow (= not a good time to issue announcements).

> I am still standing by, and looking forward to getting the word out :-)
>
> Warmly,
> Sally
>

> = = = = = vox +1 617 921 8656 off2 +1 646 583 3362 skype sallykhudairi

to provide the quote and signoff.

> > We also await a small handful of online resources/assets to be readied as well.
> >
> > So no announcement just yet, but hopefully soon.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sally
> >

> > = = = = = vox +1 617 921 8656 off2 +1 646 583 3362 skype sallykhudairi

Antone soon.

"giles.sirett@shapeblue.com" <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com>
> > Cc: "marketing@cloudstack.apache.org" <marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>
> > Subject: Re: Some noise around 4.6
> >
> > Thanks, Giles.
> >
> > Yes of course --I'm happy to work with Kristoffer (or alternate) as point-person
on drafting a press release.

> > Kristoffer, let's connect over the next day or so to get cracking.
> >
> > Warmly,.
> > Sally
> >

> > = = = = = vox +1 617 921 8656 off2 +1 646 583 3362 skype sallykhudairi
> >
> > From: Giles Sirett <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com>

with opensource: the project relies on volunteers to be available and theyre not always available
at the right time.

> > If you’re able to help get the website/blog updated, that would be great
> >
> > I’ve CC’d Sally. Sally runs marketing for the ASF. Sally, would you be able
to work with some folks here to get a press release together ?

> > Regards
> >
> > Giles

who to engage with and how to update content.

> > Regards,
> >
> > Kristoffer Sheather
> > CloudCentral

These things are not happening. The basic things is testing and coding and all volunteers
have been busy more then healthy for most. Marketeers are needed!

> > The vote was closed this afternoon so no time has been taken to create release notes.
all is rumours up to now!

> > On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 11:43 PM, Kristoffer Sheather @ CloudCentral <kristoffer.sheather@cloudcentral.com.au>
wrote:
> > Hi Giles,
> >
> > Take a look here:
> > http://cloudstack-release-notes-ja.readthedocs.org/ja/latest/about.html
> >
> > A couple of obvious questions:
> > 1.      Where is the link to 4.6 from the homepage (http://cloudstack.apache.org)?
> > 2.      Why aren't the 4.6 release notes available at http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes?
> > 3.      There is no blog post announcing the release at the official blog (https://blogs.apache.org/cloudstack/)
- why not?
> > 4.      The blog has not been updated since the 10th of July 2015 - no mention of
4.6 or anything coming in 4.6 - why not?